Where was the last time you had an awkward silence and nothing to talk about to the person sitting next to you? How was the feeling?
Obviously, weird and awkward. Well, not anymore. We bring you some of the best questions to ask to start a conversation which not only makes connection exciting and fun but also let’s you share a great moment with them.
However, there are a lot of topic to have a conversation on.
So, how to start or ask conversation to ask to start a conversation with someone.
Let’s start from starting
Well, let’s start from the basics. What basics, a simple way to connect to someone is by doing a formal introduction. What do you do when you meet for the first time.
Of course , you introduce yourself. But to keep the conversation going you need to go with several questions back and forth.
Here are some examples for questions to ask to start a conversation which might help you out.
- Why don’t we have a good introduction about each other?
- So, how about you tell something about yourself?
- What do you do?
- What do you enjoy doing?
- Which is one thing you always do in your free time?
- Which profession do you always wanted to follow?
- Did you fulfill any one dream from your bucket list?
- What is the best thing about your job?
- Have you thought of switching your profession?
- How does your boss behave with you?
- Which is your favorite movie?
- When was the last time you watched a movie?
- What is the typical day in your life?
- How do you spend your time with your family?
- How were you as a kid?
- Were you a spoiled or decent kid?
- Did you have any favorite parent as a kid?
- Do you have pets?
- Are you dog or cat person?
- What was the weirdest dream you ever had?
RELATED: Question to ask over text
These questions to ask to start a conversation can help you know the person and build a bond as well as establish a good grounds for the conversation. These are the basic questions you can proceed with if you meet them for the first time.
Fun questions to ask to start a conversation
One of the best ways to start a conversation with anyone around you is just have fun and ask such questions which have humor or have some emotion attached to them.
These conversations actually bring one of the worthful moments to remember.
You must be wondering what fun questions to ask to start a conversation. Here are some which might help you out.
- Have you ever given a bad advice on purpose?
- What was the dumbest wound you ever got?
- Whom did you annoy the most?
- Do you have any fetish?
- What weird thing turns you on?
- Have you ever been caught during masturbating?
- Have you ever been on a blind date?
- What was the strangest date experience you ever had?
- Do you believe in ghosts?
- What is the perfect day for you?
- How you want your weekends to go?
- What is most useless talent you have?
- Is there anything you always wanted to do?
- Do you have any tattoos?
- What was the most embarrassing moment of you life?
- What is the superstition thing you believe in?
- Which weird thing are you most obsessed with?
- Do you believe in zodiac signs?
- Which is the most annoying habit you have?
- How do you waste your time?
These are one of the best questions to ask to start a conversation. These conversations brings out moments of laughter and are one of those moments which you can cherish to the rest of your life.
Questions to ask about future
One of the most serious topics which you can discuss or talk to anyone about is their future. Considering one of the long lasting topics which you have.
These conversations can go on and on, and you are never bored of such conversations.
Now, what questions to ask about the future is the main question.
- What do you dream of?
- Do you have a dream job?
- Have you thought of doing a business someday?
- Is there anything that you think can stop you from reaching your goals?
- What is one thing you always want to achieve?
- Do have plans for what you want to do in life?
- What is the last goal you want to achieve in life?
- Do you have a bucket list?
- Have you fulfilled anything from your bucket list?
- What was the last moment of your life when you laughed out loud?
- Do you ever feel alone?
- Do you have everything you always wanted?
- What is the only thing you always want to change around yourself?
- If you got to choose anyone super power what it would be?
- Do you plan on having any trips this year?
- Who do you want to spend time with ?
- If you won a lottery, what would be the first thing you would do?
- Do you have any specific things in life you always want to do in future?
- Do you plan on having kids?
- Have you planned on switching careers in future?
Related: Ice breaker Questions
These could be one of the best questions which you could ask to a person you share a good connection with. Avoid these conversations with a new person.
These conversations with a new person might creep them out and make things awkward when least expected.
Choice questions you could ask to the other person
How can you know a person when you have limited time to spend with them? You can go with these type of questions back and forth, which not obnly helps you know a person but also how they react to new things around them.
How to begin?
The answer is simple just to throw random questions to ask to start a conversation.
- Chocolate or ice cream?
- Hiking or trekking?
- Long ride or small walks?
- Ear rings or necklace?
- Cakes or pastries?
- Drinks or cocktails?
- Drinks or smoke?
- Long trips or long weekends?
- Dinner dates or spending day on couch?
- Movie night at home or Movie night at cinema?
- Basketball or baseball?
- Dancing or singing?
- Champagne or vodka?
- Whiskey or rum?
- One piece or crop top?
- Dream job or 10 Million dollars?
- Free travel or free food?
- Lavish life with debt or Mediocre life with no debt?
- Supercars or superbikes?
- Dogs or cats?
RELATED: Questions to ask your crush
These questions will help you break the ice and would help you understand the other person better. This not only lets you have a better sense of the person but also let’s you know their likes and dislike which you can use to know them more better at a personal level.
Questions to ask about past
There are a lot of incidents a person faces, these not only let’s you know what level of maturity a person holds but also what kind of thinking they have. It could help you know a person at a deeper level.
Although, these questions are difficult to ask to a person you just met but after having a good conversation you have the option to have this conversation which adds trust and respect to the relation which both individuals share.
- What was the worst piece of advice you ever got?
- What was the best advice you got?
- Which phase of your life became a turning point?
- Have you been in a toxic relationship?
- When was the last time you faced a huge loss?
- When was the last time you felt blessed?
- How was your family reunion?
- Which moment would you like to share again?
- What was the dumbest quote you thought was true?
- How was your life as a kid?
- What do you like the most about your childhood?
- Do you still have friends from your childhood?
- When was the last time you were drunk?
- Did you ever lash out on anyone out of anger?
- Which was the fear you had as a kid?
- Did you cheat in you exams?
- How was your past relationship?
- Have you ever been cheated upon?
- Where did you go on your first trip?
- What is the most awkward situation you ever faced in life?
RELATED: Questions to ask your partner
How do you start a fun conversation?
1. Have something in common.
2. Talk about anything you feel like, until and unless it makes the other person uncomfortable.
3. Stay real.
4. Don’t lie.
5. Follow questions to ask to start a conversation.
6. Crack jokes
7. Be open to any conversation.
8. Ask a funny question and stick to it.
What are 10 questions to ask?
1. What’s your story?
2. How was your childhood?
3. What do you enjoy the most about your childhood?
4. What ethics became major part of your life?
5. Do you follow your role model?
6. Where do you want to reach in professional life?
7. Are you good in sports?
8. What did you learn from your biggest failure?
9. What was the best moment in your life?
10. What do you want people to know about you?
These 10 questions to ask to start a conversation are basics which you can follow.
What are the best conversation topics?
1. What a person has learned over time?
2. How they see themselves in present as well as in future?
3. Who do they admire? Why?
4. How can they achieve what they want to be?
5. How they want to be treated?
6. Which was the turning point in their life?
7. Who they trust and reason of trust?
What is the best conversation starter?
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. Are you a dog person or cat person?
3. What type of music do you like?
4. Do you listen to podcast?
5. What excited you the most?
6. What made you smile today?
7. How does you typical day goes?